Website Queen's Universität Belfast
Les Genêts d'Or - France
is a social organization wich purpose is the recognition, the support and the integration of persons with disabilities.
We take care of about1700 beneficiaries in 100 different services (1270 employees):
-Services for children
-Services for adults with severe disabilities
-Services for workers
-Specialized services for workers with ASD
-Services for seniors in situations of high dependency
Website Les Genêts d'Or
JA-TY-MY - Polen
The "JA-TY-MY" Association is a leader in the implementation of services and activities supporting the development of social economy in Lodz and the Lodz region in Poland. It breaches barriers and creates solutions aimed at developing social economy. It supports non-governmental organizations and social enterprises in creating new jobs, strengthening structures, developing competence of employees and management. It conducts activities aimed at creating a network of partnerships of NGOs, local authorities and entrepreneurs. JA-TY-MY animates and supports local environments in the implementation of new initiatives and solutions. It works with people who are excluded, including people with disabilities.
EKON - Polen
is a social enterprise that has been conducting economic activity since 2003, which profits for the implementation of its statutory objectives, focused primarily on:
1. social and professional activation of people at risk of social exclusion, mainly people with severe and moderate disability;
2. activities for environmental protection, including ecological education;
3. support for market economy entities in creating jobs for people with disabilities.
The association is pro-market oriented. All jobs were created with own resources, using only instruments provided for by the Act on Vocational and Social Rehabilitation and Employment of Disabled People.
The effect of the EKON's pro-employment activities is the implementation, among the others, of two original projects that have been recognized by state institutions, local governments, and NGOs. The projects have also received many publications, articles, and reports in the national media:
1. "EKO-work" - the project combines pro-ecological and pro-employment activities. It involves the creation of „green jobs” in environmental protection for people without employment opportunities in the open labor market - people with a significant and moderate degree of disability, especially mentally ill. As part of the project, employees deal with the collection of electro-waste, paper for destruction, as well as packaging waste "at source" (from the door of apartments), and the preparation of waste for recycling in Recycling Park. Currently, we employ around 300 people in this project. We also deal with the social integration of disabled people with able-bodied residents, breaking stereotypes in thinking about mentally ill people. We implement individual development plans, create support groups and conduct socializing and professional training.
2. "In the Land of Acceptance" - a project based on the supported employment, based on introducing people with disabilities to the open labor market with the support of a job coach. At present, EKON employs 43 work trainers who support the employment of both sides - disabled persons and contractors throughout the country. Our partners in the implementation of this project include Auchan, Carrefour supermarkets, OBI supermarkets, Leroy Merlin, Deichman, Gino Rossi, Hilton hotel, etc. EKON has been co-operating with Carrefour Polska for 7 years. Carrefour’s diversity management policy and strong commitment of its staff ensure a fruitful co-operation in support of vocational and social activation of people with disabilities. In 2017, as part of supported employment, 410 jobs were created for disabled people assigned by EKON to 140 Carrefour stores.
Owing to the co-operation with Carrefour, we significantly contribute to the improvement of the social and vocational situation of the disabled and their image as valuable employees.
This project allows to include companies and corporations in a socially responsible business (CSR) system, ensure diversity in the company and break down social barriers, which are often the reason for excluding disabled people from social and professional life. We have repeatedly proved that disability does not have to be an obstacle, and such a person can be fully valued in the workplace if he works in a position adapted to his competences, skills, and needs. Around 800 people found employment in the project.